Things Be Considered Before Singing Tibetan Bowls
Singing Tibetan Bowls are believed to be originated from Tibet in ancient ages and are used by many people as meditation tools these days. The sound produced is very relaxing and is very helpful to put brain into a meditative state. The sound of the bowls relaxes and eases our mind and body so that one can concentrate deeper. This is particularly achieved by massaging our body through the sound and vibration of healing bowls. Tibetan monks are known to be the secret users of the singing bowls. Even before the presence of the Buddhist, there were shamans who actually practiced the use of the bowls.
Singing Tibetan bowls are made in Nepal and India. Every singing bowl is unique, and their sound quality depends upon a variety of factors including the combinations of metal, thickness of the bowl and the shape and size of the bowl. They are usually made of 3 metals and five metals. However, some of the bowls are even made of seven metals. This is particularly high quality ones. As each one of them is handmade individually, none of the healing bowls is exactly same.
So, what are the things that should be considered before buying a singing bowls? One should be very careful while buying singing bowls. It is very important to know basic facts on choosing the right ones. There are few things to one should know before buying singing bowl. Below are some helpful tips:
1. Take your time to analyze the bowls and find a good one that you like. Singing Tibetan bowls are often called healing bowls which can be used to actually heal your mind and body.
2. Test the sound by striking the bowl with a stick. Singing Tibetan bowls are played with thick wooden stick covered soft leather on one end. You can either strike a bowl or rub the edge with the striker to produce ringing, resonant tones making the bowl vibrate for a long time. When struck, the sound should resonate and last for few minutes with several layers of tones. The note should be rich and heavy. When you select, the sound of the bowl should really touch your heart and impress you.
3. The smaller the bowl higher will be the pitch of the sound and bigger the bowls lower and heavier the pitch. You should really find the right ones depending on the pitch of the sound you desire.
4. Check for the audio clips if you are buying singing bowls online. All the good stores should have such audio clips.
5. Another factor you have to consider while buying the Tibetan bowl is the materials that are used to make it. General ones are made of mixture of 2 metals or 5 metals but really special one is the one that is made of 7 metals mixed. You can just literally tell the difference in the richness of vibration and sound.
6. Look and feel the different designs carved on the healing bowls. They hold significant meanings. Just choose the ones that are most suitable to you.
7. Final and most important factor you should not miss to check is whether the bowl is machine made or handmade. Handmade singing bowls are mostly appreciated by most people. Machine made singing bowls are considered duplicate of one to another. Quality of sound and vibration is also low compared to hand hammered singing bowls.